Reasons to Install Metallic Epoxy Flooring
Metallic epoxy flooring creates an inviting and enticing environment for businesses. Floors play a big role in establishing the aesthetic appeal and function. With this objective you will never go wrong with a metallic epoxy flooring system.
Metallic epoxies have created one of the highest growth areas in the floor coating industry. Metallic epoxy, also known as designer epoxy, have a high demand especially in retail stores, malls, restaurants, hotels and garages. Schools and perhaps even manufacturing plants as well as other commercial and industrial spaces can benefit from metallic epoxy flooring.
Metallic epoxies create stunning designs and vibrant colors while providing a durable, long lasting and easy to clean flooring system. These designs remain in the minds of customers long after they have left the retail store.
What is Metallic Epoxy Flooring?
Metallic epoxy flooring is an elegant, eye-catching, unique, stylish yet durable flooring system. Professional epoxy contractors use a wide range of installation techniques to come up with interesting effects to create 3-dimensional floors.
Metallic pigments (tiny glitter-like pigments) in the epoxy resin are used to create metallic epoxy floors. The roller or brush used to install the epoxy material agitates the added metallic pigments allowing them to twist, turn and group together so they can reflect light from all angles. Light reflectivity is also in high levels with metallic epoxy.
Solvents are often used to disperse and drag the metallic pigments across the epoxy floor before it cures. Sometimes a leaf blower is used to ripple and impel the pigments. Professional epoxy contractors also blend and splotch several colors to create a more unique epoxy flooring effect.
Epoxy contractors use different techniques to create different effects with metallic epoxy. These techniques can create effects that can make epoxy flooring mimic:
- Lava lamps
- Storm clouds
- Lightning strikes
- Liquid metal
- Moon craters
- Colored glass
- Marble slabs
Metallic epoxy flooring is a combination of a stylish design and a durable flooring system that can enhance the aesthetic appeal of a retail store while protecting the floor against damage that may be caused by high foot traffic.
Benefits of Metallic Epoxy Flooring
The appearance of metallic epoxy is sensational because it is unique combination of form and substance. The process of installing metallic epoxy to create a unique marble-like appearance makes this flooring system probably the best unique flooring choice for retail establishments.
- The application of metallic epoxy floors creates a smooth, shiny one of a kind look that resembles glass. This unique floor surface with swirls will stand out from your competitors and will make customers remember your store. This will entice repeat business as they will keep on coming back to your store.
- The level of light reflection created by the epoxy resin and metallic pigments cannot be match by other floor coating options.
- Metallic epoxy is a combination of a resin and hardener. When mixed they cross link with each other to create a durable and hard material that bonds well with the existing concrete surface to create a 100% seamless flooring system.
- Metallic epoxy is easy to clean and maintain because there are no seams or grout lines where dirt, dust and bacteria can hide.
- Metallic epoxy comes with non-skid and non-slip properties making your store safe for customers and sales staff.
- Metallic epoxy is easy to install. The process starts with the preparation of the concrete surface to get rid of bond breaker substances (oil, grease, glues, sealers) through shot blasting or grinding after which the metallic epoxy is installed.
Along with the unique aesthetic appeal of metallic epoxy come some traditional benefits of epoxy flooring including high resistance to wear and tear, moisture resistance, slip resistance, impact and abrasion resistance as well as resistance to liquid and chemical spills.
The seamless flooring system created by metallic epoxy makes it easy to clean and maintain with simple sweeping and dust mopping. Metallic epoxy floors do not require polishing or waxing.
It used to be that epoxy floors were preferred only for warehouses, manufacturing plants commercial garages car showrooms and other industrial sites. With metallic flakes added to the epoxy material, retails stores, malls, hotels, restaurants, offices, buildings and other businesses have discovered a flooring system with a unique character.
The aesthetic and functional benefits of a metallic epoxy flooring system are perfect to make a business soar with customers coming back and employees being highly efficient and motivated.
Our team is different. We
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
Monday - Friday: 8am to 8pm
Saturday: 10am to 4pm